Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Yogurt and olive oil mousse with berry compote
Chef Matías Palomo
Courtesy of ProChile
- -For the mousse
- 2 cups of natural yogurt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups of partially whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons of Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- 4 leaves of gelatine
- -For the berry compote
- ½ cup of raspberries
- ¼ cup of blueberries
- ¼ cup of blackberries
- ¼ cup of strawberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ a star anise fruit
- The peel of half an orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 ginger root
- To make the mousse, slightly warm the yogurt with the sugar until the crystals dissolve. Next add the rehydrated gelatine and olive oil. Finally fold in the cream. Pour into glasses, leaving a space at the top. Refrigerate until it is time to serve.
- For the compote, put the berries in a bain-marie with the sugar, orange peel, ginger, cloves, cinnamon and star anise. Cook for two hours over a low heat. Once ready, allow to cool.
- To serve, put a tablespoon of the fruit mixture on top of the yoghurt mousse. You may choose to sprinkle a little merquén on top just before serving.
- For more refreshing desserts click here:
- Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil Ice Cream
- Olive Oil Cake with EVOO Pudding & Plums