Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Tuna & Razor Clams Ceviche
Chef Carlo von Mühlenbrock
Courtesy of ProChile
- 1½ lb fresh tuna fillet
- 6 oz. razor clams
- ½lb onion
- 1.7 oz. coriander
- 11.6 oz. lemon juice
- 5.2 fl. oz. Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of sweetcorn
- 1 teaspoon of merquén
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the tuna fillet into one centimetre cubes and set aside.
- Peel the onions and cut them into six half moons, leaving the root so they do not fall apart. Grill them on both sides and season them. Then bake them in a medium oven until they are soft and golden.
- Put water and salt into a saucepan, bring it to the boil and blanch the razor clams for 20 seconds. Plunge them into a bowl of cold water and ice. Cut them into strips.
- To make the dressing, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, segments of roasted onions, razor clams and coriander.
- Finally add the ready-seasoned tuna and sprinkle with merquén. To make the mixture more refreshing, ice cubes can be added just before serving. Decorate with sweetcorn and watercress.
- Click here for more truly delicious dishes:
- Tuna & Shrimp Ceviche Marinated with Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pablo Neruda's Conger Chowder
- Lemon Chilean EVOO Chicken Biryani (Indian Rice with Chicken)