Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
The Primlani Kitchen's Orange Olive Oil Cake
The Primlani Kitchen’s Orange Olive Oil Cake is delicious, moist, and perfect for any occasion! Additionally, this cake gets better after a day! But it might be hard to resist right out of the oven!
- 4 to 5 large navel oranges or grapefruit
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups smooth Chile Olive Oil EVOO
- Confectioners’ sugar, for sprinkling
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Finely grate the zest of 3 oranges. Squeeze 4-5 oranges to make 11/2 cups juice.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the eggs on medium speed until well combined. Add sugar and continue beating until thick and pale yellow, about 3 minutes. On low speed, add the flour mixture and olive oil, until just a few strands of flour remain. Pour in the orange juice and zest and beat to bring the batter together.
- Pour the thin batter into a well oiled bundt pan and bake until a few crumbs cling to it. Start testing around 60 minutes. It can bake up to 75 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely, and then remove from pan. Let it sit for at least 24 – 36 hours before you slice it. Hide it if necessary from your kids.
- Recipe via The Primlani Kitchen.
- You might also like these tasty treats:
- Olive Oil Cake with EVOO Pudding & Plums
- Yogurt and Olive Oil Mousse with Berry Compote
- More from The Primlani Kitchen here.