Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
The Primlani Kitchen's Nicoise Salad with Seared Black Pepper Crusted Tuna & Chile Olive Oil Vinaigrette
Try this delicious recipe by The Primlani Kitchen spicing up the classic French Nicoise salad.
- Vinaigrette Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups smooth Chile Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- French Potato Salad:
- 2 lbs purple potatoes (substitute with fingerling)
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette salad dressing
- Nicoise Salad:
- Four 1-inch-thick fresh tuna steaks (about 2 pounds)
- Chile Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound green beans, stems removed and blanched
- 1 recipe French Potato Salad (above)
- 4 ripe tomatoes (roma, heirloom) cut into wedges
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 pound good black olives, pitted
- 1 bunch arugula
- Whisk anchovy paste, vinegar, and mustard. Gently stream Chile olive oil while whisking constantly and the dressing is thick. Add the chopped parsley, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Boil the potatoes into a large pot of salted water until they are cooked through. When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes in quarters and 1/2 cup, or more to taste, of the vinaigrette to the potatoes while they’re still warm and toss the salad to coat. Allow the vinaigrette to soak into the potatoes for half an hour before using.
- Heat a saute pan or stove-top grill until very hot.
- Rub salt, pepper, and olive oil to the tuna.
- Sear on high, I tend to cook it on the rarer side (pink in the middle).
- To serve, arrange the tuna, beans, potato salad, tomatoes, eggs, and olives on top of the arugula on a large platter and serve immediately.
- Recipe via The Primlani Kitchen.
- You might also like:
- Tuna & Razor Clams Ceviche
- Mini Tomato Salad with Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Feta Cheese
- Tuna & Shrimp Ceviche Marinated with Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil