Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Stuffed Peppers With Chilean EVOO, Peas, and Cashews
These tasty stuffed peppers are a pleasure for the eyes and the stomach!
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 14 ounces ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 chive (diced)
- 2 red or green bell peppers
- Salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Rinse the rice thoroughly in cold water and let it rest for 2 minutes.
- In a large pan, add Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cook the beef and onion until beef is browned.
- Mix the chive, rosemary, peas, cashews, ground beef and rice together in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the top off of each pepper and remove the seeds and membrane. Wash them with cold water.
- Cook the peppers in boiling water for 2-4 minutes and drain.
- Stuff each pepper with the meat and rice mixture.
- Grease the bottom of a deep pan baking pan with Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Place the peppers in the pan and drizzle with Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top.
- Bake for 1/2 hour, Check after 20 minutes to see if peppers are drying out - sprinkle with 1-2 teaspoons water if necessary.
- Remove from oven when peppers are tender. Top with Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil and coriander to taste. Serve warm.
- Love cooking with Chilean EVOO? Check out these dishes:
- Garlic Chile EVOO Seared Scallops
- Tuna & Shrimp Ceviche Marinated with Chilean EVOO