Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Spinach and Lentil Quiche with Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This savory quiche is perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- Pie crust:
- 2/3 cup of Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¾ cup of lentils
- 1-2 large onions
- 2-4 Tablespoons Chilean extra virgin Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh spinach (or 10 oz. frozen)
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of cream
- ½ Tablespoon of nutmeg
- Pie crust:
- Place olive oil in the freezer until it solidifies and is the consistency of thick honey.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a food processor. Add vinegar and mix until a dough ball forms.
- Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Roll out the ball out on lightly floured surface until 1/8 inch thick and press into quiche or pie pan.
- Rinse clean and then place the lentils in a saucepan with 1-1/2 cups of water or enough to just cover. Simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Sauté the onions in 1- 2 Tablespoons Chilean extra virgin olive oil for 4 minutes and add the lentils, salt and pepper. Mix it all together.
- Wash the spinach and chop into fine pieces. Sauté in a skillet with 1 - 2 Tablespoons bit of Chilean extra virgin olive oil. Add to the lentil mixture.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream and nutmeg powder. Add the lentil, onion and spinach mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour the filling into the pie crust. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until filling is almost set. Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes to brown.
- Find more savory dishes here:
- Eggplant Pasta with Chilean EVOO and Goat Cheese
- Cilantro Pesto Linguini with Chilean Extra Olive Oil and Grilled Chicken