Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Salmon Ceviche with Merquen & Spiced Quinoa
Chef Tomás Olivera
Courtesy of ProChile
- 2 cups of finely diced salmon
- 2 soupspoons of chives
- 4 soupspoons of diced red peppers
- 1.76 fluid oz (50 ml.) of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of merquén
- ½ cup of mote
- ½ cup of quinoa
- ½ cup of tomatoes diced brunoise-style
- 2 tablespoons of coriander
- assorted lettuce leaves
- Mix the salmon with the peppers, chives, sprinkle with the salt and the merquén, lemon juice and a little olive oil.
- Cook the mote and quinoa separately. Mix with the tomatoes, coriander, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put the mote and quinoa salad into a timbale (small round mould) and then place the ceviche of salmon on top.
- Press out the contents of the timbale onto one side of the plate, sprinkle merquén around them. Finally, arrange the lettuce leaves in the centre of the plate, sprinkled with lemon dressing.
- Click here for related recipes:
- Quinoa Salad with Nutmeg and Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Seared Salmon with Pacific Seaweed