Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Roasted Merken Spiced Skirt Steak with Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Try this tasty skirt steak with a Bold Chilean EVOO!
- 3 Tablespoons Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 2 cups Carmenere or Merlot wine
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon merkén (Chilean spice)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon frozen butter
- Grease deep ceramic pot with 1 Tablespoon Chilean extra virgin olive oil. Slice the onion into thin rounds and place in the pot. Place the skirt steak on top.
- Pour wine over meat - nearly covering it.
- Mix the freshly ground pepper, merkén and thyme with Chilean extra virgin olive oil, and add to pot. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- To prepare, remove the pot from the refrigerator and allow to warm to room temperature (about
- 30 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place pot with lid in and cook for one hour, until tender. Remove from oven.
- Transfer the sauce to a large sauce pan. Add brown sugar and stir sauce on high heat, until sauce thickens. After sauce has reduced in liquid by a third, add frozen butter, stirring rapidly to give sauce a silky sheen.
- Slice the steak into thin slices and serve topped with the sauce.
- Check out more truly delicious dishes here:
- Lobster Buns with Shiso Pesto
- Pablo Neruda's Conger Chowder