Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Roast Garlic Chicken with Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
An ideal chicken dish to go with our Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Champagne
- 1 whole chicken (with innards removed)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Crush the garlic and mix with salt in a deep bowl. Add the parsley and mash with a fork. Add the Chilean extra virgin olive oil and the champagne and mash all of the ingredients together.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Loosen the skin from the chicken without removing it. Using your hands, rub about 1/3rd of the mixture all over the chicken, underneath the skin. Rub 1/3rd of the mixture inside the cavity of the chicken and 1/3rd all over the outside of the chicken.
- Make a few cuts on the chicken thighs, so that they cook at the same time as the breast. This will also add more flavor to them. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and place in a roasting pan.
- Cook for 1-1/2 hours or until juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh.
- Find your next dish here:
- Roast Beef, Gruyere and Onion Jam Bruschetta
- Pastel de Choclo (Sweetcorn Pie)