Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Quinoa Salad with Nutmeg and Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This healthy quinoa salad with Chilean EVOO can stand on its own or be served as a side.
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- ½ tomato (diced)
- ½ yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro - chopped
- 3 scallions finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a medium saucepan, add the chicken broth, quinoa, nutmeg, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat once all liquid is absorbed and let cool. Once quinoa has reached room temperature, add tomato, yellow bell pepper, scallions, cilantro and Chile Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Stir to combine and serve warm as a side dish or salad.
- Check out these delicious recipes next:
- Seared Salmon with Pacific Seaweed
- Grilled Bacon with Warm Pebre and Polenta