Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Mashed Potatoes with Chilean EVOO
Fluffy potatoes and fruity Chilean extra virgin olive oil are a perfect match; the better the oil, the better the flavor.
- 6 large baking potatoes (about 4 1/2 pounds),
- 7 Tablespoons Chilean extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut crosswise into thirds.
- Place potatoes in heavy large pot. Cover with cold water. Boil over medium-high heat until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork, about 40 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1-1/2 cups potato cooking liquid. Return potatoes to pot. Stir over medium heat until any excess liquid evaporates.
- Add 6 Tablespoons Chilean extra virgin olive oil and mash until almost smooth. Mix in enough potato cooking liquid as needed to moisten. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl. Add salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining Tablespoon Chilean extra virgin olive oil and serve.
- Mashed Potatoes can be made up to 2 hours ahead of time and left at room temperature. Rewarm before serving over medium heat, adding more reserved cooking water as needed to moisten.
- Check out complimentary dishes to go with your savory mashed potatoes:
- Roasted Merken Spiced Skirt Steak with Chilean EVOO
- Barbecued Lamp Chops in Rosemary Gravy With Charquicon Criollo