Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Marinated Pork Loin with Tomato Confit
Chef Pilar Rodríguez
Courtesy of ProChile
- 2 lb. 3 oz. (1 kg.) pork loin
- -For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons merquén
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground garlic
- 2 tablespoons Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- -For the confit:
- 2lb 3 oz (1 Kg.) cherry tomatoes
- ½ lb. (¼ Kg.) pearl onions
- 1 tablespoon roast garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh oregano leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Cut pork loin into strips about 2 inches (5 cm.) thick. Roll them up and tie with cotton thread. Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl, cover and leave the meat in the mixture overnight in the fridge.
- The following day remove the meat from the marinade. Keep the marinade mix, as some of it will be used to finish the oven cooking.
- In a frying pan, sear the rolls of meat in olive oil and set aside.
- To make the confit, pre-heat the oven to 140°C / 275°F / gas mark 1 and put the peeled pearl onions in a single layer on a baking tray. Season with a quarter of the olive oil and cook for 20 minutes. Next add the tomatoes and continue to cook. Add the rest of the olive oil, the ground roast garlic, fresh oregano, basil, sea salt, sugar and pepper. Bake for a further 20 minutes or until the skins of the tomatoes split and the onions are soft.
- Increase the oven temperature to 250°C / 482ºF/ gas mark 9 and finish cooking the pork loin. Use a cooking brush to add more of the marinade mix and cook for another 20 minutes or until the meat is a pale pink colour inside.
- Leave for five minutes before cutting. Serve slices of the pork on a bed of tomato confit.
- Try these delicious dishes next:
- Grape Syrup Glazed Pork
- Barbecued Lamb Chops in Rosemary Gravy with Charquion Criollo