Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Magellanic King Crab Stuffed Chicken Breast
Spice it up with a green chilli sauce for a Bold Chilean kick.
Chef Axel Manríquez
Courtesy of ProChile
- -For the stuffed chicken
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6.3 oz. Magellanic king crab
- 4.2 oz. chicken meat, diced
- 3.5 oz. fresh cream
- 1 egg white
- 0.3 oz. chopped chives
- 0.3 oz. Dijon mustard
- 1 fl. oz. brandy
- Salt and pepper, grated nutmeg,
- olive oil
- -For the coarse mashed potatoes with olives
- 1 lb 5 oz. potatoes (unpeeled)
- 7 oz. coarse salt
- 4 oz. finely diced black olives
- 3.5 fl. oz. Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- Table salt
- Chicken stock
- -For the green chilli sauce
- 3 green chilli peppers, seeded, stalk and veins removed, then diced
- ¼ green pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ garlic clove
- 0.3 oz. parsley
- 0.3 oz. coriander
- 3.5 fl. oz. sunflower oil
- 3.5 fl. oz. olive oil
- Lemon juice, red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 7 fl. oz. fresh cream
- -For the beansprouts sautéed with cochayuyo
- 1 fl. oz. olive oil
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 0.7 oz. red pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 4 oz. mung bean sprouts
- 1.7 oz. pea sprouts
- 2 oz. cooked cochayuyo, chopped into julienne strips
- 0.3 oz. spring onions, cut into julienne strips
- 0.3 oz. coriander leaves
- Cooking salt
- Clean the chicken and make an incision in the middle of the breast with a thin knife.
- For the filling, put the diced chicken meat in a bowl over a cold bain-marie. Add the mustard, brandy, egg white and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Once cold, blend in a food processor until it forms a uniform paste, then put back into the cold bain-marie and add the fresh cream. Add the king crab meat and chives. Mix well and season.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with the help of a smooth nozzle in a piping bag. Then brown the chicken breasts on both sides. Then put on a baking tray and roast in a hot oven at 180 °C / 350ºF / Gas mark 4 for 15 minutes.
- To make the green chilli pepper sauce, blend the chilli, red pepper and garlic in a liquidiser. Add the parsley and coriander, then perfume with lemon juice and vinegar. Pour over the two oils and season. Finally put the mixture in a saucepan and reduce by half.
- To make the coarse mashed potatoes with olives, start by washing the unpeeled potatoes and baking them on a bed of coarse salt on a baking sheet at 200 °C / 400ºF / Gas mark 6, until they are soft. Cool, peel and roughly chop.
- In the meantime, sauté the onion and add the potatoes and crush. Finally add the diced olives.
- Heat the olive oil and add the anchovy fillet and grind with a wooden spoon. Add the red pepper, the beansprouts and the diced cochayuyo. Sauté for a few minutes. Add the spring onion and coriander leaves.
- Arrange the coarse mashed potatoes with olives on one side of the plate. Place the chicken breast on top, sliced to form a fan shape. On the other side of the plate, place the sautéed sprouts and cochayuyo. Drizzle with the green chilli sauce and serve.
- If you like this dish you might like these:
- Cold Avocado & Celery Soup with King Crab, Purple Basil Salad
- Crab Casserole Au Gratin