Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Lemon Chilean EVOO Chicken Biryani (Indian Rice with Chicken)
This flavorful chicken dish is enhanced by the delicious combination of lemon, garlic, and Chilean extra virgin olive oil!
- 1 pound chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 purple onion
- 3 teaspoons Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala
- 1 cup long grain basmati rice
- 2 Tablespoons coriander
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice and 1 garlic clove overnight.
- Cut off the root and stem of the onion and slice into semi circles. Caramelize the onion by placing the slices in a large pan with 1 teaspoon Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add 1 teaspoon sugar. Cook on low heat to avoid burning the sugar. Add salt and stir continuously until onions are golden brown.
- Dice the pepper and sauté in 1 teaspoon Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add the Garam Masala and pepper to the onions.
- Add a cup of rice and sauté everything together for a few minutes. Pour in 2 cups of boiling water and a pinch of salt and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 2 cloves of garlic (chopped or crushed) in a deep pan. Add the chicken and sauté for 10 to 15 minutes. Keep moving the chicken around to prevent sticking.
- Spoon the rice onto a serving platter and sprinkle with the coriander. Arrange the chicken pieces on top. Serve.
- Check out more chicken dishes here:
- Magellanic King Crab Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Roast Garlic Chicken with Chilean EVOO