Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil Ice Cream - How-To Recipe Video!
Enjoy olive oil at its sweetest!
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1- 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup fruity Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Warm the milk, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly pour the warm mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly, then scrape the warmed egg yolks into the saucepan.
- Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula. Turn off the heat when the custard just slightly thickens.
- Pour the cream into a large bowl and set a mesh strainer on top.
- Pour the custard through the strainer and stir it into the cream.
- Whisk the Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil into the custard and cream mixture until it’s well blended, then stir until cool over an ice bath.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Click here for more truly delicious desserts:
- Yogurt and Olive Oil Mousse with Berry Compote
- Double Fudge Chilean Olive Oil Brownies