Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Grilled Bacon with Warm Pebre and Polenta
We can’t think of a better way to start the day than with this lovely dish.
Chef Carlo von Mühlenbrock
Courtesy of ProChile
- -For the bacon
- 1 lb 5 oz. (600 g.) pancetta
- 1 teaspoon of merquén
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of oregano
- 3 tablespoons of wine vinegar
- -For the polenta:
- 1 lb 7 oz. instant polenta
- 3.5 oz. onion cut brunoise style
- 1.6 pints full-cream milk
- 7 oz. cream cheese
- 1.7 oz. chives
- 1.75 fl. oz. cream
- -For the pebre sauce:
- 8.8 oz. concasse tomatoes
- 7 oz. onion, cut brunoisestyle
- 1.75 fl. oz. Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- 0.7 oz. finely chopped coriander
- 0.7 oz. chives
- 0.7 oz. red pepper
- 0.7 fl. oz. wine vinegar
- Merquén, salt, pepper, garlic
- Cut a cross into the fatty side of the piece of pancetta. Season it with salt, cumin, merquén, garlic, oregano and vinegar and refrigerate for four hours. Put it in a medium-hot oven at 180°C / 350ºF / Gas mark 4 for 35 minutes.
- For the polenta, sauté the onion in the olive oil for five minutes until soft, add the boiling milk and then pour in the polenta, constantly stirring. Finally add the cream. Remove from the heat and add the cream cheese and the chives.
- Finally put the mixture into a buttered ovenproof dish and put in a medium oven at 180°C / 350ºF / Gas mark 4 for 20 minutes.
- For the sauce, sauté the onion in a frying pan, then the garlic, pepper and tomato and continue to cook for two minutes. Add to this the red wine vinegar, season and add the merquén. Once removed from the heat, add the fresh coriander. Serve warm with the pancetta and polenta.
- You might also like these dishes:
- Marinated Pork Loin with Tomato Confit
- Roast Beef, Gruyere and Onion Jam Bruschetta