Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Garlic Chile EVOO Seared Scallops
Chef Pilar Rodríguez
Courtesy of ProChile
- 18 scallops
- 3 tablespoons merquén-flavoured olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic-scented olive oil
- 2 tablespooons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pinch of merquén
- Clean the scallops and leave them to marinade in the merquén-flavoured olive oil.
- To make the pebre, mix the fresh lemon juice in a bowl, together with the olive oil, salt and pepper and emulsify. Add the coriander, parsley, diced onion and lemon zest. Set the mix aside.
- Heat the garlic-scented olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and sear the scallops on both sides for a couple of minutes until they are a nice, golden colour.
- Serve immediately with the green pebre.
- Find your next dish with Chilean EVOO here:
- Tuna & Razor Clams Ceviche
- Ajiaco: Coriander & Merquen Scented Beef Stew