Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Chilean Extra Virgin Pesto: A New Twist on a Classic Recipe
Who doesn’t love pesto? If you think you’ve tasted the best – you haven’t – until you’ve tried this classic recipe with a Chilean twist.
- 3 cups packed fresh large Basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic (or more, if you like it garlicky!)
- 1/4 cup mild or delicate Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Arbequina is a good choice)
- 1/3 cup Pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Reggiano cheese,
- Grated Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Remove basil leaves from stems and wash thoroughly.
- Put basil, garlic, Chilean extra virgin olive oil, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese in food processor and blend until smooth. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over pasta or use as a dip for fresh bread.
- Chef's Note: You can have fun experimenting with your pesto by trying different varietals of extra virgin olive oil. We've suggested mild, but perhaps you'd like to try the kick of a bold extra virgin and see how you like your pesto - bold or mild?
- Click here for more tasty recipes:
- Marianted Olives with Chilean EVOO
- Anchovy and Black Olive Tapenade with Chilean EVOO