Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil Creme Brulee
A delectable creme brulee with a Chilean touch.
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 cup of cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup of sugar + 4 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoon of Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and cream at medium heat until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Separate the egg yolks. In a small mixing bowl whisk the yolks with 1/4 cup of sugar until it is well blended and light yellow in color.
- Add the Chilean extra virgin olive oil while continuing to stir.
- Slowly add the cream and milk mixture, one tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly, then add the vanilla extract continuing to stir.
- Pour the liquid into ramekins and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the ramekins into a large cake pan. Pour boiling water into the pan until it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the crème brulee is just set, but still jiggles in the center.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Remove the ramekins from the refrigerator and sprinkle with the 4 Tablespoons of sugar. Using a kitchen torch, brown the sugar, moving the torch slowly and evenly across the surface of the custard. Serve immediately.
- For more truly delicious desserts click here:
- Double Fudge Chilean Olive Oil Brownies
- Olive Oil Cake with EVOO Pudding & Plums