Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Eggplant Pasta with Chilean EVOO and Goat Cheese
A delicious gourmet pasta with fresh, Chilean extra virgin flavor!
- 1-1/4 cups Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 pound tomatoes, peeled and crushed
- 5 ounces white wine or dry Jerez
- 20 leaves of fresh basil
- 2 medium eggplants (approximately ½ pound total)
- 1 pound penne pasta (or other tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups Goat cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan mix 1/2 cup Chilean extra virgin olive oil with the diced garlic. Add the tomatoes and the glass of wine and cook at high temperature, uncovered for 5 minutes. Add 10 basil leaves, and cook for 10 more minutes at low temperature.
- Cover and let rest.
- Peel the eggplant and cut into 1 inch cubes. Sauté the eggplant in ¾ cup Chilean extra virgin olive oil over low heat until brown and crunchy, being careful to avoid oil smoking. Drain.
- Add pasta and a pinch of salt to boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a serving dish mix the pasta with the sauce. Add the eggplant, goat cheese, Parmesan cheese and 10 leaves of fresh basil. Serve warm.
- You might also like:
- Stuffed Peppers with Chilean EVOO, Peas, and Cashews
- Quinoa Salad with Nutmeg and Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil