Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Double Fudge Chilean Olive Oil Brownies
A delicious alternative to traditional brownie recipes, these delicious double fudge olive oil brownies are baked with a secret ingredient: delicious extra virgin olive oil from Chile!
- Olive oil mister or Cooking spray
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup Chilean extra virgin olive oil (delicate or mild, if available)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1- 1/4 cups chocolate chunks, milk or semi-sweet
- *optional 1-2 Tablespoons coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil and lightly mist with Chilean extra virgin olive oil. (Regular cooking or baking spray will do if you don't have a mister).
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a double boiler, over medium heat, stirring gently until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted chocolate and Chilean extra virgin olive oil.
- Whisk in the eggs, sugar and vanilla until combined. Then add in the flour and salt and stir until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks. Spread the mixture in your prepared pan and sprinkle all over with coarse sea salt, if desired.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1″ away from the edge comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
- For more desserts including EVOO click here:
- Lemon Cake with Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil Creme Brulee