Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Crystal Heller's Black Skillet Potatoes with Chile Olive Oil
Crystal Heller has created another delectable Chile Fresh recipe! This is a simple and delicious side dish to add to your table tonight.
- Drizzle of Chile Olive Oil
- 5 small to medium sized red skinned potatoes
- 2-3 teaspoons of minced garlic from a jar or 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of old bay seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
Wash potatoes with cold water and dice.
- Place diced potatoes in a large bowl.
- Drizzle Chile Olive Oil over the potatoes for a nice even coat of flavor.
- Add old baby seasoning and garlic to the potatoes, then stir to combine.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, then stir to combine.
- Transfer the diced and seasoned potatoes to a cast iron skillet if you have one. (Tip from Crystal: I really like using a skillet because I think it makes the potatoes cook better. But don't stress, if you don't have a cast iron skillet just use any oven safe dish you already have.)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and then place the potatoes in the oven on the middle rack.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes and then do the fork test! Grab a fork and pierce it into one of the diced potatoes. If the potato is tender then you are done cooking. But if the potato is not tender to the touch of the fork give it a little more time in the oven – you're just minutes away from eating!
- For more from Crystal click here.
- You might also like:
- Crystal Heller's Chile Fresh Salad
- Nicoise Salad with Seared Black Pepper Crusted Tuna & Chile EVOO Vinaigrette