Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Bianca Garcia's Maple Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
Bianca Garcia of Confessions of Chocoholic and Chile Fresh Dessert Judge has created a delicious Thanksgiving side dish using Chile EVOO you have to try!
- 1 small scallion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Chilean Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of chili pepper flakes
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, stems trimmed and cut in half
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- salt and pepper to taste
- Serves 2
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Toss all ingredients together and spread evenly on a baking sheet (I covered mine with foil for easy clean-up).
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so to make sure the glaze still coats everything evenly.
- A fair warning: I do have a heavy hand with chili powder and all things spicy, so please know that when I say sweet and spicy, I favor SPICY so it leans towards that and has a lingering heat. You should reduce the chili powder in half if you prefer less spice.
- For more from Bianca click here.