Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Barbecued lamb chops in rosemary gravy with charquicán criollo
Chef Guillermo Rodríguez
Courtesy of ProChile
- 3 racks of lamb
- 0.2 oz. fresh rosemary
- 1.75 fl. oz. Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- black peppercorns
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 0.2 oz. orange zest
- 10.5 fl. oz. lamb gravy (lamb demi-glace)
- -Charquicán criollo:
- 8½ oz. scrubbed, unpeeled potatoes
- 5 oz. pumpkin
- 1.7 oz. (50 g.) cooked peas
- 1.7 oz. (50 g.) thickly cut, blanched green beans
- 1.7 oz (50 g.) cooked sweetcorn kernels
- 3.5 fl. oz. (100 cc) olive oil
- 1.2 oz. (35 g.) chopped onion
- ½ oz. (15 g.) chopped red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 0.2 oz. (5 g.) spring onions,cut brunoise-style
- cumin (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all of the lamb marinade ingredients and marinate the lamb for 24 hours in the fridge.
- Remove the marinade, season the meat with salt and seal it on a hot griddle or in a frying pan. Transfer it to a baking tin and roast in a hot oven at 180 °C / 350°F / Gas mark 4 for 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic. Add the paprika and cumin, then the cubes of pumpkin and potatoes. Sauté and add the red pepper.
- Add a little of the meat stock and boil. Add the sweetcorn,peas and green beans.
- Stir and adjust the seasoning. Just before serving, add finely chopped spring onion.
- Serve hot, placing the charquicán criollo in the centre of the plate, with the lamb chops on top and the marinaded vegetables behind. Spoon the rosemary gravy over the top.
- Find more savory recipes here:
- Stuffed Peppers with Chilean EVOO, Peas, and Cashews
- Roasted Merken Spiced Skirt Steak with Chilean EVOO