Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Artichokes with Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Artichokes with lemon and Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil are a simple vegetarian treat!
- 6 large artichokes
- 4 medium lemons
- 8 – 1/2 cups of water
- Pinch of salt
- 6 Tablespoons of Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Prepare the artichokes for cooking: Trim about 3/4 inch off of the top of the artichoke. Take off all of the smaller leaves at the base and trim the tips of the outside leaves (optional). Cut the excess off of the stem until you have about ½ inch of the stem left.
- Wash the artichokes thoroughly and rub with lemon.
- Bring the water to a boil with a pinch of salt. Add the Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil and artichokes. Return to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 25- 45 minutes or until outer leaves can be pulled off easily.
- Drain the artichokes and drizzle with Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil before serving.
- Find more simple recipes here:
- Mashed Potatoes with Chilean EVOO
- Delicious Popcorn and Chilean Extra Virgin Olive Oil