Connect with your Facebook account to submit your delicious recipe.
Ajiaco: Coriander & Merquen Scented Beef Stew
Chef Axel Manríquez
Courtesy of ProChile
- 14 oz. roast beef
- 0.7 fl. oz. Chilean extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 10.5 oz. onion, cut into thin strips
- 3.5 oz. carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 1.7 oz. red pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 24.5 oz. peeled, diced potatoes
- 5 pints meat stock
- 6 eggs
- Finely chopped coriander, merquén, cooking salt, paprika,ground cumin, dried oregano, bay leaves
- Shred the roast meat and put to one side.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until golden. Add thered pepper and carrots. Season to taste with salt, paprika, cumin, oregano and bay leaves. Add the diced potatoes and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the meat to the sautéed vegetables and potatoes. Next add the beef stock and simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Before serving, heat some of the stock in a shallow saucepan and poach one egg at a time. Take care that the stock does not boil, so as not to break the eggs.
- Arrange the vegetables and shredded meat on the plate. Place the poached egg on top and pour hot stock over all the ingredients. Sprinkle with coriander and merquén.
- Find your next tasty recipe here:
- Roast Garlic Chicken with Chilean EVOO
- Grape Syrup Glazed Pork